Estenson Logistics takes Environmental & Sustainability very seriously and has partnered with SmartWay since 2008. The SmartWay partnership is an innovative collaboration between the U.S. EPA and the freight industry to increase energy efficiency while significantly reducing greenhouse gases and air pollution. Since 2008, Estenson Logistics has saved more than 123,000 thousand gallons of fuel and reduced the company’s CO2 Grams per Mile by 92 Grams.
For more information about the SmartWay program, visit their site at www.epa.gov/smartway.
Estenson Logistics part of – EcoVadis Supplier Sustainability Ratings
- Corporate social responsibility is an organization’s responsibility for the impacts of its activities on the society and the environment. That is through transparent and ethical behavior that:
- The 6 core subjects listed by ISO 26000 are:
- Human Rights
- Labor Practices
- The Environment
- Fair Operating Practices
- Consumer issues
- Community involvement and development
- For more information on Ecovadis, visit - http://www.ecovadis.com/about-us/
California Environmental Programs:
All Port trucks are Clean Air Certified
The Port of Long Beach's ambitious Clean Trucks Program has reduced air pollution from harbor trucks by more than 90 percent in a little over three years. In 2012, the program banned permanently the last remaining older, more polluting trucks from Port terminals. Today, virtually all of the 13,000 drayage trucks servicing the Port terminals are 2007 or newer mode
Certified Compliant with CARB
The regulation is projected to provide significant diesel PM and NOx emissions reductions that would have a substantial positive air quality impact throughout California. PM emissions are projected to be reduced by about 7 tons per day in 2014 and 3 tons per day in 2023, NOx emissions are projected to be reduced by about 88 tons per day in 2023. These reductions are critical to meeting federal clean air standards. The regulation would also reduce diesel PM emissions by the maximum level achievable from in-use trucks and buses.
The following are just a few of the areas where Estenson Logistics has taken the initiative and made substantial improvements. To reduce NOx emissions and reduce the gallons of diesel fuel used, Estenson Logistics is doing its part in controlling excessive fuel consumption or pollutants. Listed below are a few examples:
- New Engine’s
- Low emissions diesel engine technology
- Computerized truck idling equipped with Idle shut down timers.
- Speed Limiters / Speed Management– Estenson standard policy 63 MPH to maximize MPG.
- We operate all new equipment at the majority of our locations
- All trucks equipped with Peoplenet-OBC’s and Drivecam-E.R. to track truck and driver performance.
- Truck equipped with EZ pass & Pre pass for less idle
- Low Rolling resistant tires
- Automatic Transmissions since 2014
- Aerodynamic & Air Fairings
- Smart Truck Top Kit Aero Systems
- Trailer skirts
- Tracking Systems
- Automated tire inflation systems
- Low Rolling resistant tires
- All Reefers based in CA are CARB compliant
Recycling & Reuse
- The majority of our tires are recapped
- Truck service oil & liquids always recycled
- Shred//Recycle 95% through Arizona center for the blind document destruction.
- Reclaim wash water during equipment cleaning
- Driver Equipment Training
- Driver Performance score card includes idle time to promote fuel efficiency